Benefits of membership in the IPSN
Being a member of the IPSN can bring a huge range of benefits to the hairdressing and beauty industries. The initial country members are:
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong, China
- South Korea
Aim to raise the standards of training, assessment and delivery through the mapping of competencies between the participating countries to ensure equivalence.
The IPSN provide the opportunity for countries to work together and cooperate internationally so that best practice in standards, training and learning resources can be shared.
More Membership Benefits
Council members will be representative of a country or region where they have direct engagement with individuals, industry or other organisations responsible for the delivery, development, or promotion of, skills, standards and/or qualifications in the Vocational Education and Training sector for a Country or Region.
There will be no limit to the number of members in the IPSN, there will be two levels of membership in IPSN;
- Council Members will be voting members and eligible to be elected to the Board of the IPSN.
- Council members will be a representative from a country or region where the nominated member represents an organisation that has approved authorisation or delegation from the government of the day, and is responsible for the development and endorsement of standards and/or qualifications in the Vocational Education and Training sector for a Country or Region
- Each Country will have only one vote on any issue, resolution or motion put before the Council or the Board.
- Non-voting members
- Technical Delegates will be non-voting and will be appointed by their respective Council member to provide advice on all technical issues to the Board through their Council member
- Associate Membership will be open to organisations or individuals who are related to the industries in a technical, educational or operational role.
IPSN membership fees are reviewed annually and are valid for one calendar year from January 1 to December 31.
The IPSN completed the mapping of hairdressing between Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong/China and Japan. The final project report includes:
- Mapping of all standards/curriculum modules between each country in an agreed common framework.
- Identification of gaps between each country.
- Identification of missing underpinning skills and knowledge between each country across all levels.
- Recommended actions resulting from the mapping exercise, including an identified independent benchmark with best practice assessment and quality assurance.
A copy of the Executive Summary is available by contacting the IPSN Secretariat at email@example.com