NEW Infection Control Standards Course
An International Initiative
PAN001: PANDEMIC INFECTION CONTROL PROGRAM SUPPORTED BY
THE INTERNATIONAL SAFETY AND INFECTION CONTROL CHARTER
IPSN is please to introduce a self-regulation initiative that aims at uniting our global professional community through evidence-based infection control standards with the aim of a safer world against the current pandemic.
The PAN001: PANDEMIC INFECTION CONTROL program is an online study unit that is part of an industry self-regulation initiative towards safe practices that is also supported by the International Safety & Infection Control Charter (ISICC) which gives this program international recognition.
The program was developed by Professor Laurance J. Walsh specifically for the beauty and personal services industry in collaboration with the Aesthetics Practitioners Advisory Network (APAN), a national standards body/association based in Australia. This program is intended for the local and international market and has been currently accepted and promoted by the following countries:
- United Kingdom
- Florida (USA)
The course covers two units on the pathophysiology of viruses and infections, their behaviour and transmission pathways, as well as information on their mutation. This course specifically focuses not just on COVID-19, but also on pandemics based on the latest research, protocols, and procedures. It aims to equip and empower practitioners with an evidence-based approach to clients and clinical safety using the very latest in scientific data and includes protocols and procedures.
The course takes approximately 10 hours of study to complete. While the content is based on the latest scientific information, it is written in an easy-to-understand way enabling non-academic applications to comprehend its content. For those who require educational credits for their professional licensing or registration the course is awarded 10 CPD POINTS.
THE AIMS OF THIS PROGRAM ARE TWO-FOLD:
- To create an internationally uniform evidence-based infection control standard of the highest level that sets practitioners apart and establishes them as part of an international movement for safety against pandemics.
- Seek state and federal government recognition, as a highly effective and trustworthy safety measure with the request that graduates be considered with greater leniency and potential exemptions during lockdowns.
- Additionally, as it is supported by the International Safety and Infection Control Charter to which all graduates must pledge to adhere to these standards gives this program additional credibility and international recognition.
While there are several infection-control programs currently available this program takes infection control to a much higher level.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Professor Laurence J. Walsh AO is renowned academic and research expert on several areas including dentistry, laser technology and infection control. He is the author of the PAN001 PANDEMIC INFECTION CONTROL program that is supported by the INTERNATIONAL SAFETY AND INFECTION CONTROL CHARTER. Professor Walsh is a leading educator with strong expertise and knowledge in the areas of infection control and viruses.
He is currently ranked in the top 0.25% of world scientists. Professor Walsh was made an Officer of the Order of Australia in January 2018, and a life member of ADAQ in 2020, in recognition of his contributions to science. Queen Elizabeth II is the Sovereign Head of the Order of Australia and the Governor-General as Chancellor is charged with the administration of the Order.
The course fee is Aust. $355.
ON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE COURSE GRADUATES WILL RECEIVE:
- Certificate sighed Professor Walsh, and representatives of APAN.
- ISICC Pledge, which must be signed and displayed.
- ASICC Logo for your use.
- Protocol template for weekly, monthly, and annual compliance.
Beauty professionals and personal services professionals are invited to access this unit through the following link https://apanetwork.com/course/pan001-pandemic-infection-control-program