Success stories of 3 graduates: Traineeship Scheme in Services Industries of VTC (source: MingPao Jump in June 2018)
(Chinese topic: 開「剪」事業第一步，參加美容及美髮業見習員訓練－興趣變事業)
After obtained ipsn qualifications, two of the graduates (Andy and Reiko) successfully joined the Working Holiday Scheme and took up short term employments as Junior Hairdresser and Junior Beautician in Melbourne, Australia respectively.
- Dicky’s Profile (hairdressing graduate, left page)
- Top 5 finalists in the 2016 Worldskills Competition Hong Kong
- Current Post: Hairdresser at Pandy Hair Salon, freelance make-up artist
- Career goal: to be a famous hairdresser
- Andy’s Profile (hairdressing graduate, top right side from right page)
- Working holiday period: studied a course and worked as part-time hairdresser in Melbourne
- Current Post: Full time Hairdresser in Melbourne
- Career goal: to set up his own hairdressing salon with friends
- Reiko’s Profile (beauty care graduate, bottom right side from right page)
- Working holiday period: worked as Beauty Therapist in the beauty salon in Melbourne
- Current Post: Beauty Consultant at an international retail brand
- Career Goal: to be a managerial staff in the beauty sector
Background of Traineeship Scheme in Beauty Care and Hairdressing
- Target participants: students with secondary 3 and above
- Combines on-the-job training and complementary vocational education qualification recognized at levels 2 to 3 at the Hong Kong Qualifications Framework.
- Upon completion of the Scheme, trainees are eligible to take the ‘One Examination, Multiple Certification’ to obtain multiple qualifications such as Vocational Assessment (Hong Kong), National Vocational Qualification (China) and ipsn qualification.
- Feature article about the Way Forward of Vocational and Professional Education and Training in the Greater Bay Area (source: Sister BeautyPro in January 2019)
(Chinese topic: 美容美髮一試多證 – 大灣區職業教育新方向)
The way forward of the Vocational and Professional Education and Training in the Greater Bay Area – one of the initiatives is to promote qualifications of the One Examination Multiple Certification (OEMC).